Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Patrick's Day :)

With St. Patrick's day right around the corner, I saw it fitting to make a wreath to celebrate the holiday.  I was hopping around on the Shimmering Shamrocks Blog Hop yesterday and saw 2 very different, but equally cute wreaths.  These 2 wreaths inspired me to create my own spin on St. Patty's wall decor :) 

I started with a basic 14" wreath base


The straw was getting everywhere. So I decided to wrap it with green fabric.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere it to the wreath.


I picked up some green flower embellishments a while back, not sure what to use them on at the time.
Well they came very useful with this project :)  Here is a close up of the flowers I used.  They are from Prima Marketing Inc., came in a glass jar.  Iced Got Flowers?


 I used basic needles to attach the flowers to the wreath. And then I added some ribbon to finish it off :)



I am thinking about adding some more flowers to it, what do you all think?

2 comments:

  1. I think this turned out beautiful Laura! I really love it! :)

    ~Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wreath and the colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete